Off-season 'chinese mangoes' in Kathmandu It is early winter here, Kathmandu and I had mangoes as Snacks!

Kathmandu usually does not get much off-season vegetables and fruits and the ones that do make it through aren't too popular. Now though, it looks like the long tendrils of capitalism and globalized supply chains have made it to this sleepy city( I call it so because everything is slow and lazy for a city this large) and unh it's a 'right? 

The mangoes are called 'Chinese mangoes' locally, its unclear if it's a brand name or a geographical description. The mango tasted pretty good actually, and while I would_ trade a thousand of these for a single 'local' seasonal mango, they're pretty decent for satisfying an non-season craving 'or for a mango juice or smoothie.

Globalization marches on, conquering the more boring corners of the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.