I Should continue my walks in Kathmandu but how

The last time around, I stopped my 10-K steps soon after I came to Nepal, for a couple of reasons. First, the pollution, air and noise, is out of control. Second, there are no good sidewalks. Third, there's no fun route to walk from my place. Fourth, the traffic makes even a casual evening stroll a stressful experience.

Finally, nobody really walks around in the day so it's disconcerting to walk.

But I still need the upsides of my walks. The mood improve­ment is nothing to sneeze at, not to mention the health gains of a stroll. Plus maitaining 'a consistent schedule across the continents is as good an idea as there ever was. Plus something to do during the long lazy days of Kathmandu winters where one wishes, strangely enough, that the days were shorter because nothing seems to be happening. It's specially sharp when one does not have too large of a social circle around and isn't too keen on going to the same god damn restaurant all of one's former classmates, and potential extended social circle goes too. That sort of socializing 'is- let's say hmm m, to reminiscent of FRIENDS where nothing happens, much more boring.

It doesn't need justification, why must one explain why one should keep walking '? Read Shane O' Mara's book on walking for gods sake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.