Uniqlo is pretty pricey if you buy the good stuff, I discovered

Spent 1.5 hours at Uniqlo yesterday looking to buy interesting items. Man, that's an expensive store if you're not careful with what you're buying. It's easy to get sucked in because some of their offerings are quite reasonable: their fluffy jackets, some mufflers and things of that sort. But the other things...ooof. Their standard t-shirts go for thirty dollars, socks are 5 buckaroos a pair, and underpants are 8 dollars. I thought I'd grab a couple of jackets and shirts and t-shirts, but uhhh that would have set me back a couple of hundos that I didn't want to spend. Instead I bought like four pairs of underpants that cost me about 40 quid all things added. Which is hella expensive for men's undies because...that's a lot of money for 'regular' underpants that are not specially branded...And uniqlo underpants are alright, they're not special in any way that I've experienced, and it's not like one would bandy about proudly wearing their wares, like one might with more popular lifestyle brands. For a mass-market brand, it's actually pricey.

But there's no other sellers in this market, nobody to cater to our style, or our size, and Uniqlo is the most suitable to our tastes etcetera, without being absurdly pricey. So it's not like there's too many options. It's just...not as cheap as one would imagine it'd be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.