I really really need to get out of my OMAD diet

I have been on a special diet for the last two weeks, right to the day today. There was a cheat day last Thursday, but not really, and for the last 15 days, I have been eating only a single meal over the course of twenty-four hours.

They call this the OMAD (one meal a day) diet, apparently.

I have lost weight, the weighing machine doesn't lie. But my metabolism has also slowed down considerably, which mean I'm losing much fewer pounds now, and to lose proportionally as much, I'd have to be in an even larger deficit. Which is going to get harder by the day, since one does need a base energy level to make through and be productive and functional as a human adult being.

The reduction in metabolism rate is a problem because now I'm getting less hungry. I want to quit the diet because I got the required losses, and I want to get back to regular life and consuming regular amount of food, doing normal amount of physical work. But my stomach has adjusted to the new state of things, and there is literally no more space in my tummy to eat more than a decent amount of food, once, for lunch. Basically the slowed metabolism means going back to regular eating without increasing my base activity level will mean I'll gain weight at a faster rate than I lost it. Which is just some...massive bullshit.

But there are ways around it. I could consume a lot more fruits, veggies rich in fibers, and protein, and spread them out through the course of the day. That way I'm getting more balanced diet, without all the carbs and calories, and getting nutrients to the cells right when I need 'em. Workouts, and strenuous physical exercises will also get my body more in tone and fit.

Right now though, there's a lot of resistance in the form of laziness and failure of executive decision making, which creates hurdles for me in my attempt to feed myself correctly. There's a big push of motivation that's needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.