I'm no superman

Prompt:
Write a scene or story that includes a character with a superpower. 
Source

"That's it?"

"Yeah, it's pretty useful, at times..."

"Dude, why'd you build is so freakin' much than, I go about thinkin' you're some goddamn superman or something yannow or like at least that peter parker shit knowin' he be a city boy an' all I was imaginin' you as a caped crusador or somn'. Now you tellin' me it's not like dat and I gotta tell ya man I'm a little disappointed. I'm a little disappointed."

"Yes well could you not tell this to anyone else. I'm considering using it for good purposes, maybe a little bit of secret identity too."

"Hey man listen I ain't gonna be tellin' nobody anywhere 'bout this and respect where respect's due, you're like a billion fuckin' times more powerful than I'm dude there's no debate and no disrespect or nuthin' but I'd not be tellin' any homies about this dude. Well first they'd think I'm shittin' and if they buy it they're gonna be a little underwhelmed yannow whatimsayin?"

"I understand. Yeah, I want to explore some time testing the limits of this in a safe manner in my own time. And if it does't amount to much, there's no point in telling anybody about this."

"So tellme this, you told 'nybody else 'bout it?"

"I told my older sister, showed her when I went home the last time. At first she got really excited like you did. She said I was the Zimabway's version of real-life black panther. When I tried explaining to her the full repercussions of the situation, she was as disappointed as you."

"Hey man sorry about that. I ain't tryina shit on a brother someone as cool as yourself. And you're smart man, you're smarter than any other dude I know superpowered or not. And you have an ability a talent none of us do dude that's for sure, so props mad props to you. You should try lowering people's expectation at the gecko, so they know what to be expectin' for."

"Yeah. Yeah I should do that."

"I'm also of putting my abilities to test in a scientific manner, so I can be certain it's not random happenstance. Or sometimes people get mass delusions, I want to scientifically definitely remove the possibility that this is some sort of joint delusion. It's quite unlikely but certainly possible that I may be hypnotizing you into believing what you saw."

"Duude that's a really good idea, though if you ARe hypnotizing me and your system into seeing and hearing things I gotta tell you that's a much cooler superpower. You could just hypotize the villains and all into believin' you're a super pumped dude and scare them off without doing anything, and I don't mean no offense to your current superpowers. So you're gonna use the equipment in your lab in the downlow or what."

"Yeah my PI allows for small experimentations on the side, the post-doc's running fun experiments for his youtube channel too. There won't be any questions or suspicions there. Accurate superfast camera, the superfine scale, they...they're going to be really useful in measuring the effects. It would be helpful in understanding the physical phenomena behind what I'm doing."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.