Another crack at stoicism

 I subscribed to this podcast called The Daily Stoic, it's a daily philosophical nugget every morning to help me start my day. The book The Obstacle is the Way led me to the podcast, and all this stoic talk is interesting, really. Did you know that keeping a journal like this, and coming to terms with who you are and how your achievements align with your expectations is a part of the stoic situation too? Fun, interesting right?

I've tried reading stoic works in the past and it's hard for me to wrap my head around the school of analysis, because well...if you're so openly accepting everything around you, how is it that you can care to bring about change? I haven't fully understood how the magnanimity and acceptance can provoke a desire to change and lead to action, but apparently there's a way? Keeping my eyes and ears open to understand this more fully.

I'll be writing a lot more on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.