Just fall in love

The doctor wrote me a prescription,
Between the scribbles I made out this,
Fall in love
Freely, and Constantly.

Always took him for a quack
That one,
Fall in love he says
How does he know what
I've been up to?

Spring is nigh
Sundresses and yellow polka hairbands
Flowy dresses
Legs that won't just stand
They dance to the tunes
And to the melodies
Even the cacophonies
While I stand stiff and hard
Unable to properly dance
Oh once once once I tried
I did, yes siree I did
And they said
You're too wild for me.

Wear your heart,
On your sleeves
Said my
Cardio-logist.
Doctor, I say
But my problem's the Iron
She glares at me
Disappointed,
Shush child,
Love will cure all,
Just.
Fall.
In.
Love.

A broken unloving man
I roam the streets
Up the Pine, down the Republican
This guy in the park, he looks at me
Amazingly, out of nowhere
Hey man,
With your lover is where you gotta be
He says.
But fucker,
I say to myself,
It's not even Valentine's day.
I thought they were
Uprooting the tent camps?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.