I setup my temperature control thing again

So I had a heating mat and temperature probe that I used for my homemade booch and mushroom farming back in Boston. I brought it me to Seattle though it wasn't in sue much, and it was so affordable might as well have left it in Boston. Now I've got it here and put it to use, feels exciting.

The first use was to take care of the milk kefir babies. The first night I warmed my room for the kefir, realized that was a lot of money in heating expenses for one jar of milk. Second day, I take the heating system out, and get the setup going. A styrofoam on the bottom to insulate from the floor, a cardboard box on the top, covered by a thick blanket for extra insulation. Add a cup with a bit of water to put the temperature probe in because I don't want to contaminate my yummies with the probe and it doesn't make much sense to put it out in air because the temperature's always changing.

Now that the first three rounds of kefir are done and the process is moving ahead smoothly, the next step is to use it for kombucha. As soon as I get the 100 pack of teas back from where I left at Sk's. Next on the agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.