Hasan Minhaj review

 I've written here on what a disastrous experience it was, to attend the Hasan Minhaj show in Philly. I tried it in Seattle but the dates didn't work out. A pity since they were recording here for the Netflix version of it.

Anyway we made it, missed the first ten minutes. The guy on-stage, who I assumed to be Hasan was such a low-energy guy, and uuh pretty clearly on multiple substances. Disappointment. Annoyance. And then it turns out he was just the warmup act, ten minutes later Hasan shows up, which means we didn't miss any of the standup aaaand we got the amazing guy. 

He's one of the very few brown guys in the U.S who makes me incredibly envious about their achievements. Because you can earn money, 'work hard', do other shit, but the effort he puts into the craft, the passion, and the courage with which he brings out in the open some very serious topics is...kinda...incredible. I'd rather be as courageous and hardworking and passionate about work as him than make a hundred million dollaroos. A year. Because the money...what would I do with it, it'll be a pathetic sad rich guy situation. But that burning fire, and the desire to change, ooof, I want that power.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.