Work stuff, it's going better than ever

 It'll be a quick one. Things are going quite well at work.

They've given me a lot more say over the direction of the project, and an option on the exact technical pieces I want to work on. So if I don't work on it, the projects I like don't get done. Which means the work gets done. And I feel real good about getting things done. The project's going well and I have a big hand in shaping where it's going to.

Then there's the fact that I'm mentoring a tonne of people (and increasing).

Plus, now they're saying there's going to be a decent pay raise for technical workers, plus the regular (inflation adjusted) pay raise (one hopes) which means I might finally finally finally get the amount of money I hoped to be making three years ago when I got out of grad school. It won't be insane amount of money, and I'll still be making the least amount of money among my extended group for the sort of job I do, but at least my standards will be met.

Visa process is goin on.

Things are on the up and up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.