This library won't just let me know

 The annoying situation with the Seattle Public Library is they won't let you know when the deadline is until way after it's passed. Unless you have an extraordinarily good recollection, or are the sort of person to proactively look for changing return deadlines from the library website (if a book's in the waiting list, the due date gets pulled in), it's impossible to tell when exactly a book is due. It's really annoying, I've been a member of several institutional libraries as well as public libraries and all of them, each.and.every.single.one.of.them has sent me a reminder email quite a bit before the books are due. Except the Seattle Public Library. It's foolish, lame.

I've thought about writing a software library to create a workflow so you get automated reminders after connecting your library account to your email whatever. But like, that's too much work for something you don't care much, innit, considering there's no punishment for late returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.