Chik Fil-a in Boston, finally

So we went to Chik Fil-a this afternoon.

The last time I had Chik Fila was three years ago when I was still working on the super-stressful project for the poorly-managed company where we were put under intense pressure. Overpromising and underdelivering was the name of the game then. One afternoon when we were in the war room -- and really when were we not -- the business guys got us the chicken sandwiches from the temporary popup Chik FilA had brought to town as a market test. And boy oh boy did they ace the test, the overachievers, sold out in 45 minutes during the lunch hour.

So when I realized they'd finally opened the front in Boston I offered a trip there to the folks I'm staying with as a treat. I don't eat meat, the waffle fries and lemonade were gonna be my dinner. We took the bus to Kenmore and walked to Copley. Such a pleasant walk, it felt amazing seeing the throng of people walking at Newbury, the city is not dead after all.

There was a queue outside the outlet.

We waited for fifteen minutes outside, and then another fifteen inside. They were quite generous with the sauces. I ordered two spicy deluxes, but they messed the order up and gave us one regular spicy. Which is fine I guess whatever when you're hiring seventeen yearolds who don't care about their job security or career, that's what is going to happen. It was my fault for not confirming the order actually, when they came with their mobile units as we stood in the line to take the orders.

My compadres had a great meal, the sauces were fantastic. I'd never actually tried the sweet and spicy sriracha, what a sneaky one that, really good! All-round a good experience besides the mis-order.

And once again they knocked it off the park.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.