Rainier hike, a poem

We climbed up
In the rain
With the Nepali group
Numbering in
About ten
No need for an umbrella
said someone,
The rain will stop
in no time,
but on and on
it went.
We climbed the valleys
and we went by the brooks
we went across
the little rivers
and by the places where the mountains crook.
We talked to our friends
the new group of hikers
made a friend or two there,
But figured they
were still strangers.
On and on the conversations went
Until we got closer to our
scholarly bent,
And that's how I discovered,
I had a friend in there
somebody that I had known....
since forever.
Back from my KCM days
shared a tonne of acquaintances,
we talked about the old teachers
and the things we'd done ever since.
In the end, we couldn't
go to the second trail
for time was short, and we were feeling frail
We left the park
and bought our shirts and caps
and by 6 in the evening
we were at home
for the evening naps.
I slept for four hours
and got up for the dinner.
And then back to bed,
and that's how the rainier hike day
was spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.