Cafe on the Ave, U DIstrict: A review

Sk and I went to brunch at Cafe on the Ave in U District on Saturday morning. Here's a review of the place.

I got the veggie scramble plate. Perhaps it was my appetite, or perhaps it was the unappetizing food, but I barely made it through half the dish. Had trouble pushing avocado slices down the gullet, and those were the tastiest parts of the dish.

The ambience was as good as it gets for casual self-serve place that is known for reasonably-priced brunches. They weren't cheap my any leap of consideration. And despite their reasonable price, their dishes were actually quite disappointing. I paid about sixteen bucks, Sk paid 25, and we were both mighty sad about our respective dishes. Don't intend to go to this place again.

They have the potential, they could pivot and get their patrons much higher quality of food just by hiring better employees and establishing better quality controls. But it's unclear why they might do that since they're sitting on a goldmine with UW students and tourists and what not, considering they're next to the train station pretty much.

So yeah, what a load of disappointing food and experience it was, just hope something works out here, in the future since I have nothing against them I do want to have the same experiences their former coworkers did. Thanks folks!'

Would. Not. Recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.