I want to buy a kindle scribe SO BAD...Update: I JUST BOUGHT IT!

I've been in the market for a fancy splurgey expensive purchase that makes me feel bad for spending on unneeded items but also makes me feel good about being in control of my finances. My upcoming vacation to see friends and family is part of that because holiday-time tickets are hella expensive, and never have I ever spent so much on flights anywhere. But that wasn't enough and I needed to buy something else. And need to figure out the reading/writing situation too. The reason I've been looking to get a chromebook or a portable computer all these years is that I want to write on the go, and the laptop is the easiest/cheapest way to do it. But no more, it turns out!

Kindle Scribe, Amazon's latest, largest, most expensive e-ink reader, and note-taking device fits all those criteria. You can handwrite in it and it converts into regular text. So I can blog using my handwritten pages. And I can read large pdf's, and regular epubs and anything else my heart desires. Plus it's going to be one of the very few truly premium devices I will own.

So yeah, I spent a couple of hours ogling, planning, thinking, considering, evaluating and what not, and finally pulled the trigger! I own a Kindle scribe now..well I will after it arrives in five days! It's 10.1 inches, 16 gigs, with cover, and the premium pen, all for 290 bucks. Which honestly was the biggest reason for getting it. It was up on slickdeals and since I was on a similar market, and it just...made sense, you know. I won't have to take a personal laptop or tablet with me, and the work laptop combined with my cellphone will suffice most use cases.

I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.