One week on 'one meal a day' fasting: updates and future plans

This is the 9th of October as I write this, afternoon and it's been a week to the day since I accidentally at first and later deliberately got into the current 'one meal a day' diet I'm on. Here's some updates and plans.

First, it's not been as terrible as I imagined it would be. The pangs of hunger and craving for fat and carbs are few and far in between. I don't feel weak and lethargic, not any more than I feel on a daily basis anyway. My tummy is not troubled, and there's no hyperacidity or acid reflux of any kind. I don't feel bloated. When I'm the furthest away from the last meal I'll feel extreme hunger for a couple of minutes, but when I drink a cup of water, or apple cider, it eventually goes away. My insulin regulation seems to be intact.

In terms of outcomes: I've definitely lost weight. Can't say for sure how much exactly since it fluctuates so much and most of it is water, but at the exact point I'm writing these words, when I went to the restroom and measured my weight it was 118lb, and that's with a full tummy and a content mind. My weight is unlikely to go up for the rest of the day. This morning when I measured myself I was hovering around high 115 to high 116, a level I haven't gotten to in several years.

It's not clear if my double chin has disappeared, but if the numbers are going down, so will the fat. My tummy certainly has not, yet. If I can keep this going for another week, or severely limit by caloric intake despite the number of meals, I'll be able to see some decrease in tummy fat. At which point I plan to start working out and increasing my food intake, starting with the proteins.

My appetite has gone down significantly. Over the weekend we went to this brunch place where I had my first meal in 22 hours. Barely ate half of it because I felt full. The food wasn't too good either, but that's besides the point. I keep drinking apple cider which yes gives me lots of calories, but I'm okay for the moment as long as I'm not ingesting tonne of grains.

If I'm able to lose a pound or two or three, permanently, then I'll be in a level not been since...well I don't even know when, a long time ago probably. At that time I can start my pushups and situps and jumping jacks and strengthen and jack up. That'll lead to mass gain, but it'll be all the right places. It's not the weight that bothers me, it's the composition of it.

Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.