Bready, cheddy and ready for beddy - 5

Experimental fiction piece.

Be careful with the sparkling drinks, like yes the sweet soda but even seltzer, it's bad for your teeth, it burns through your enamel and you don't grow it back!

The Sunday Roast was a tradition in our house, that our mother made, a whole chicken roasted wholly. But I don't want to cause additional environmental damage, so can we make it a tasty evil alien chicken, from another planet so I don't feel guilty about eating it? Because it deserved to die!

You know there's this restaurant called cafe gratitude in LA, it's a fun place, it's a laugh. You gotta go there and say 'i'm grateful for' so and so, and order for it. And then the names of their orders are really strange. And then they ask you the question of the day, and you really have to think about it, such as, what's your thought for the day. Great gluten-free desserts, so good. Alicia Silverstone smiled at me when I was there, in Cafe Gratitude, really made my day.

A gentleman never tells, though.

I propose a tuna melt is the best thing in the whole damn world. Smoke will come out of your ears! Cheese on toast is as good as it gets, i'd been told when I was fifteen. That's when I discovered the magic of adding tuna to the mix.

Toast the bread, but only hardening it, not burning it. You want the bread to be pretty soft. In a separate bowl, you're adding tuna in olive oil, mayo, lots of lemon juice, and tabasco. Such a delicious hodpoge of mess. Just slather it in a mess over the bread. I was fourteen and in America. I was weeping, asked my mom, is this real? A tuna melt has all the wisdom and joy and gravitas of cheese on toast. The cheese doesn't have to be hot, but it does have to be bubbling.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.