They're not fruitflies

The difference between fruitflies and gnats is that fruitflies grow and feed in trash and fruits and sweet things, and gnats breed and live and chill out on indoor plants and their soils. They prefer slightly moist soil, as you might get during winter months when the relative humidity is high and the temperatures low so you don't need to water for long stretches. Since the indoor environment is obviously warm enough for these nasty critters they thrive and reproduce and go all out with funtimes.

That's what's happening to me. It's not that I'm keeping my place dirty or unkempt, it's that my plants are getting more in number and the bugs are feasting upon the nutritious yummy plant and their growing substrate. I'm hella mad, gotta take care of it soon, but for right now I've set traps and sent hundreds of those bastards to death. Soon enough I'll get this thing called Mosquito Bits which is a larvacide that's gonna kill em all in their pre-bug form.

The good news is since they're all reproducing on soil, it'll be a matter of a few day till they're completely done. Kill the living bug with the traps, and stop the breeding cycle with the bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.