This guy ain't getting his water, for sure

...ohh interesting, so like blessed every five days is pretty good, what's the religions that have been doing the blessing for the water I mean, super interesting man.

Yes, mssr, that eez what was on the following sentence. In any case, we get holy people for the catholics, the protestants, muslims, jews, hindus, sikhs and buddhists, you know that covers almost ninety percent of all the global population, possibly higher. So we can say for sure that our water is blessed for almost everybody. Apologies messrs but I have to tend to other tables as well, I'll be back to take your full order, what is your choice of water at this point?

Oh right, right, sorry sorry I was too distracted by my stupid cellphone, yeah can I get the blessed water please, no chemicals and very spiritual, I'm not a spiritual person but that sounds cool. And so I don't waste your time much, can you also get me the two most popular appetizers on the menu, I'll be looking at the main order later, while I'm enjoying your appetivos, thanks man, I'm just about done with this stupid game.

Very well, sir, the server said, departing instantly.

I need to get out of this goddamn phone, the scenery's gotta be insane and the food, how did I ever find this place, so affordable yet so...fancy, three kinds of waters, an annoyed frenchman server, over the lake, with great reviews, I must recommend this place to everybody forever, this is such an amazing find, and here I am still in my phone, unable to see the beauty in front of me, losing myself in the inner world, blind to the reality around, I must get out.

Sir, sir, are you alright? Do you need EMT? Yo, maan, can you hear me, you doing alright buddy? You look a bit weird man, your eyes are lookin' kinda' freaky bro, you should see a doctor it's not a natural color for the eyes.

The man didn't know where he was. He was playing the game on his phone. He was on his bed. How did he get to the...was it a lake? In Switzerland, was it? Nice restaurant? With three kinds of water and an annoying server? Where was that? What did it matter anyway, not like he was paying attention. Who were these people looking at him scared, this was not a nice fancy restaurant he remembered going to, not at all. Was this...America? How had he gotten here, who the fuck was he, and what the fuck was happening? He was on the phone, playing some game, had his life passed him by?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.