The trouble with writing and how to fix the whole situation

 Okay so yeah I haven't done the writing thing too well this year. The problem has been that I've been unable to enforce hard deadlines and timeboxing writing, and discipline is hard to come by when your days don't have a structure. So it's only been inward looking, time pass bottom of the barrel posts that don't go anywhere, the sort of thing that makes me feel not so great about my writing.

This is relevant at this exact moment because as I've been alluding to in the laast several days, I'll be traveling a bit in the foreseeable future (more on that in the next post). And if history is anything to go by, I ain't gonna be doing too well writing-wise.

SO here's the plan, if I'm feeling lazy, remember the crazy awesome feeling I get when I write, when I'm feeling unmotivated, go to a cafe and just write, find a good workspace, and separate a working space that i'm going to be working off of. That's the plan on how I'm not going to let this month be a repeat of last Jan/Fen (2020), when not much was written.

I don't know what the quality of the writing is going to be, it could be amazing, earth-shattering, novel quality, or it could go down from there. For I know there's always more way to go down.

Anyway, hopefully exciting times are ahead man, I don't want to be in the 'distracting himself with reddit and hackernews and that shit, maaan I so want to be productive and social and outgoing and keep myself busy no matter what, spending quality time with friends family lovers and general acquaintances. So want to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.