Trader joe's sizes are actually really good, if you don't need the 'authentic' stuff

 So I bought tahini and harissa from Trader Joe's for the first time yesterday.

Traditionally I was rather unsupportive of the concept of buying ethnic spices from the chain because they're overpriced, not as good as the 'real' ones, and not a great experience overall.

Then I bought barissa and tahini from the legit stores, and barely used a quarter before I had to throw them away.

Would I rather buy less-than-authentic stuff, pay maybe bit more per volume, or buy the great stuff for more money, but for far less per volume, and barely use a quarter of that? It's the classic costco conundrum, and in this particular case the answer for me is very clear. I want to spend less money, be less wasteful, and have the pleasure of actually finishing something.

 Wonder if that says anything at all about my attitude towards life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.