Context matters for philosophy

 This is not supposed to be a poem but there's not much to write, and I introduced it originally as a poem, so here goes nothing.

So I asked
If we seek, we can't find,
How do we know when we've found?
The question raised by Siddartha
In Herman Hesse's book
Of his namesake.

Now I know the answer,
For Siddartha, of the book
Is no real philosopher,
He is a character, a fictional one
whose philosophy is not
That of the Buddha
In any case,
He is a follower
Of the Tao school of buddhism
Much like western stoics
Who question searching and seeking
And holding tight
To the world.

That answers my question,
For the Taos,
Have more answers than they have questions,
For they never bother with asking
The right ones
Match the answers,
TO whatever you may
They say,
Without explaining
Where that goes.

Answers are great
42 is the best one,
But an answer without the proper question,
Is worse than an oar, forever without a boat.
I seek to be a boatman,
Answers are important,
But the elucidating questions are even more.

And that's how I discover,
Context matters
For Philosophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.