Obvious fact: ads suck

With the new Hulu membership I got, the cheapest of the tiers, I've discovered something I'd forgotten for a long time. Which is, ads suck, they suck suck suck suck. So bad.

Hulu ads suck specially hard. I've watched the same fking ad for Amazing jobs a million times, and there's facebook ads sometimes, absolutely despise those, and there's no way to ignore them because you can't do it on Hulu. I've realized that when people say 'ads are cancer' they're actually not exaggerating, things you don't want to listen to and watch, ones you never signed up for, they're foisted upon you for the privilege of seeing their tv show. I know ad-supported tv and content is a thing, but these ads that don't have connection to reality, they're just randomly dumped down upon us are nonsense. This is awful. 

And then there's Youtube, which has ads on tv too unless you pay to play. The good part is they're not as incessant and repetitive a Hulu ads, and you can skip them most times. The shitty part is youtube gets sneaky with them ads and if you're not skippin them enough, they'll feed your horlong-ads, basically propaganda and lies nobody else will watch because you're stupid enough to not know how to skip ads. It's so. awful.

Even installed this app called Blokada and put on a tonne of TNS ad settings to get rid of the ads, but none of that has worked. It's really shit. Unblockable shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.