Rainy day explorations, grocery trip booze shock, uncle ike's journey, rice and beans lunch, avocado-cheese sandwich snack, egg-hasbrown-roti dinner, pregaming with AKS, rhino room, monkey loft, flashes of memory [Sat 6]

Had rice and beans jaaulo that I'd cooked, for lunch, the last meal of that godforsaken rice and beans combo, I'm never using that combo of beans, green chilli and cumin seeds again, I was getting realll tired of it all I tell ya'.

So I thought I finally have a day for myself and it's not rainy, it's perfect time to go explore cherry hill that area with Ethiopian restaurants and the rest, that everybody talks so highly of. So I left. Fifteen minutes into the walk it starts raining. Ten minutes later it's raining very hard. I stop and take shelter next to a nail salon, walk a few steps and take shelter underneath some sort of ethnic restaurant. I figure I've walked enough I'd better be returning, I'll get to the actual intersection I'm interested in later when it's not raining, and all of a sudden the rain stops. But I'm already returning. At this point I'm listening to the this podcast will kill you episode on alcohol.

Aks sk and I make plans to go out, so I think I gotta pregame a bit, after eating avocado and cheese sandwich which messes up my stomach real bad I think it's the cheese but I have no real evidence because I've not tried since. So I go to TJ's buy something -- I forget what -- and a bottle of vodka. List price 14.99, it comes out to 23.something because of the goddamn taxes. I'd rather had bought a 12-18 pack of beer instead. On the way back I discover there's an uncle Ike's right on the 15th so I go in and buy myself some nice pre-rolled bois.

While I wait for Ak to come in, I make egg, hashbrown and roti for dinner, yum, so good, and then drink kava, green tea with l-theanine, and some nic vodka. Because that's my combo I think. Aks comes, he doesn't drink or smoke what I killjoy I tell him.

We go to this place rhino room which is just a few blocks from my place, and we think sk and his friend are waiting for us but turns out they're already in. I invite Td if he wants to join to, because that boy sometimes likes to party and he's in, which is a pleasant surprise. After waiting for what seems to me like an eternity and a half, we get in. And it's like, whatever. Not very impressed. We see all the regular gang people there, folks I haven't seen for a while, but the music is awful. G, who can never hold his drink but always the first one to start and end the night, gives me drinks, I keep drinking. Also this is the time I embarrass myself in front of J, who is Sk's friend.

At some point we go to Monkey loft, AKS, I and a couple of local bros I've met before. And we have fun, I imagine. Because I have their stamp on my wrist. I have vague memories, flashes of events, talking to people who looked like mobsters, running from somebody, I don't remember clearly. I come home and apparently spill hot wax all over my wall. And sleep. Ak crashes in my place. Don't remember much of it. 

Fun night, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.