As the country suffers [Tue 2]

It's 11.20 in the evening right now. Should have slept an hour earlier.

I was working on my agri-app when suddenly the platform I was working on went all dark and told me to consider contributing to those things. I looked around, the funds nearby had been paid, so I did the next best thing: posted the links as the previous post. I usually don't want to talk about these things because they enrage me too much, and I'm here to have fun generally, but you'll have noticed my veneer of patience is coming off. I'm completely off news of any kind: social media, news websites, youtube videos, everything. Yet I see a chalk drawing on the street here, a signboard a nice one outside people's houses there, and I piece together things. Things are bad, things have been bad. Hope they change. This cannot sustain. This cannot remain.

Before I was doing the agri-work, I posted the first two posts of the day. Had fun writing them. It's unclear if it's my writing that's improved which has made me share links to this place with more people, or if it's having an audience that's forcing me to write better. I've been noticing though, in recent days and weeks, that I have been putting more efforts into my posts, I've been enjoying them more. My fiction work, which is what i really want to work on, lags behind, maybe because I'm very embarrassed and you're not supposed to show your first draft to anyone. It also takes a lot more discipline than what I have right now, that's probably it.

Had dinner at 9, S made nice Thai-style Tofu with onion and pepper, quite good loved the texture, so filling. Did the dishes, watched some TV with him, and started writing when he went to bed.

Finished work at 5, wrote personal journal in my super secret journal, took a nice long shower and went out on a walk. Stopped by A's place first because I left my mask at her place the other. Walked to PN's place from there, saw so so so many mulberry trees with ripe berries on them. It's confusing surprising that no one's interested in eating them. At PN's place, had a really nice lemonade with spices, chilled, talked, and looked at about a bazillion interesting houses on the market on zillow/redfin. Listened to the office on the way there, and back, battery ran out mid-way back.

Spent a large portion of day supporting manager and lead with project work. Did a huge chunk of agri-website work. Had late lunch at 3.30-ish of leftover noodles from last night with parmesan, and chopped garlic. It was pretty good, not at all as bad as S feared.

Had breakfast at 11-ish -- light toast with avocado spread and sunny-side-up fried egg. Yum!

Got up at 7, it was too cold inside didn't want to go on a walk, went back into the blanket for an hour though I couldn't really go to sleep. Woke up finally at 8ish, read some, talked to folks back home, about the agri-idea. Texted a bunch with SA(phd) and I, who is available to help with the website.

Lumbered in front of my computer and began. Head did not hurt because I had a decent amount of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.