Colleges are opening

Here's some good news for your consideration, all the small liberal arts colleges are opening up this fall for in-person classes for students. Faculty have the choice of being in-person or remote. They will follow proper guidance and practices, and actually go above and beyond because they need to be protecting thousands of young adults who might not always make the best of decisions. In-person education is of the utmost importance, physical proximity is necessary. My undergrad school has a 74-piece guidance document detailing each minute piece of logistical choice the university has made to accommodate in-person education during pandemic times. And I'm very positive towards that, they really seem to have gone above and beyond. In this crazy times, that's one of the few things I'm looking forward to.

As long as they can maintain proper discipline and convince the young ones to not get drunk and out of control for reasonably long period of time -- it might sound like I'm joking but I'm not -- I believe they'll be able to do that successfully because folks are scared and worried, colleges are going to be places that create a model for how to live with the corona going forward. In America obviously, the rest of the world has it figured out, can follow basic fking instructions and rules that'll help people not die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.