Missed train, last house tour [Sun 21]

It's 7.30 in the evening, Tuesday, which is two days after. Finally getting around to writing this. I'm in Philly and things are looking up. Here's the things I did on Sunday, in whatever order I remember. I'm using the photos I take daily as memory aids for reference.

Got up at whatever time, I don't remember it was a Sunday who cares. For brunch we had the eggplant stew with rice, turned into a Biryani of sorts. So much umami, so much sourness, and not too many spices. Only cumin powder, apparently. The secret in this particular occasion was Rao's sauce apparently. Ahhh.

I cleaned up, packed up, and we set out to check out PN's potential house for the last time ever. Got there right on time, my plan was to chill out under a tree but it was too warm, so we went in, the AC was nice. The deck was cool too. As P shadowed the inspector, N and I talked about their plans for the house, the DIY projects they were planning, and how they were going to make the house their own. I'm excited about the potential with plants. It was supposed to go until 4, but went a little longer. We hadn't had anything to eat since 10, so we went to the nearby Lotte market's food court and got omurice, I got kimchi on the side too. They've now allowed food to be eaten indoors as long as you're staying far enough from others and it was great, we didn't have to worry about anyone else or anything. So we hurried up on the eating, and then packed up the last few bites because we were cutting it close. I ate six spoon-fulls of omurice on the car.

The car-ride was quite an adventure, felt like playing a racing game. We were going to cut it close, always since my train to Philly was at six, and the GPS showed our eta to be 5.55. I'd make it, but only barely. After several missed exits and a confusion over the correct entry for the Union Station, we made it. I made it to my train track at 5.58, two full minutes before the departure time.

I was too late. They closed the train doors right in front of my eyes, apparently they close the trains two minutes before departure. It sucked. I got them to reschedule for the same train the next day, texted PN who were waiting for me outside, and we drove home. Instead of going home, we decided to stop by S's place, where we giggled some more, and destressed. Had dinner there, they had momo again and again I rejected the momos in favor of fruits, and we went home. Slept pretty early, probably, don't remember. Can't do anything about that, it's an expected side-effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.