Juneteenth

As American holidays go, Juneteenth is probably as good as it gets. It was barely recognized until recently. This year Virgnia declared it a public holiday [so all my friends here have it off], several large tech companies have declared it a holiday too. My workplace, which you know nothing about yaa fools, has declared it a public holiday and is giving the day off to. Two days before the actual day, but we'll take what we get!

This is a holiday worth celebrating, considering all the other celebrations they have, dear gods. Ugh the columbus day. And many other I won't type here due to the possibility of USians reading it. I'm excited about the holiday gaining greater prominence and mass acceptance, and hope it raises respect and admiration for the achievements the day marks. And pride. These people...Anyway, this is a day worth being proud of, should be, for Americans.

I have nothing to add. Heard about it only couple of days ago, and about our company's holiday today, so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.