TJ's, watermelon, roti [Wed 24]

Woke up three times, once at 6, then at 7 and finally at 8, tried going back to sleep but couldn't. It was fine, I could handle it, but thinking maybe I'm not meant for downtown living in a big city. I might be able to adjust to it if I bought a house or an apartment but at what cost one wonders.

Work was quite tight. Had been working on updating a cert for our product, and the partners had promised to get it working and validate it, but informed me after our cert had expired that we didn't have the configs right. Had a very stressful couple of hours trying to get things in order, we went for four hours without valid certs.

N made roti for lunch, I made broccoli tarkari with soy sauce and oyster sauce. They were skeptical at first as we all were but it worked out quite well in the end. SL had his day off so we all had homemade roti with broccoli tarkari and potatoes from the day before.

Spent the several hours following lunch watching lets play cities skylines. Wrote a little around 5-ish. Went grocery shopping with N to Trader Joe's, it's a fifteen minute walk from his place right now, and 4-minutes from the place they're moving to later in the fall. TJ's always confuses me, you can find things you didn't think existed but not obvious items that should be there. Saw grits but no oats. Their frozen foods are the bomb though. I got some hummus, paramagiano reggiano, couple of bananas, minor items. As we headed to check out, I picked up a watermelon. We were really excited about the watermelon.

Back at the apartment we cut up the watermelon and had it for dinner. So good, so filling, so healthy, watermelons are like the best version of packaged water out there. The guys played video game football as I wrote and watched youtube. We talked a bunch until SL went to sleep because early shift. N went to sleep, I stayed around watching youtube videos and forcing myself to write. It's not a chore to write anymore, it's just hard to get back into the habit once you've been distracted from it for various reasons. Somehow I ended not sleeping until 1am. Tried to fall asleep, couldn't. Kept thinking about nice things that could happen to be but don't won't. I was up till 2.05 at least, must have passed out at some point after that. Scared about how my mood would be the following day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.