The longest day of the year [Sat 20]

Got up at a reasonably early hour for a saturday. Had rustic bread with homemade salsa and eggs, and orange and apple for brunch.

For late-lunch/dinner N made my favorite of her dishes ever. She made her famous eggplant stew, the persian one, with rice cooked in fried onions. So so good, that eggplant dish is one of the most mind-bending simple lifechanging dishes I've had. There's no doubt I'll write quite a few words on it here in the future too. We ate that with runny saag, which again, so so good, I don't know what saag it was but I've never enjoyed saag and eggplants on rice as much.

Went to S's place, A was there too, chilled a bit, got a little does of the gigglies, so much fun. I remembered it was the longest day of the year so we went on a ride. P drove us to the nearby national park, and ohhh man the drive was so great, it felt like we were on a tunnel inside a rainforest. The trees so goddamn big and lush green, the air so humid, the day so so long. We were out till nine and it was still quite bright, we saw the sun go down at quarter to nine almost.

Back at S's, he offered to make momos, I was full I didn't take up on the offer of veggie momos so they made chicken momos Le Trio style with Le Trio's achaar which apparently uses lots of peanuts. Though I avoid meat and find it quite...not good...I tasted a couple of pieces, and it was quite authentic actually, the sauce and momo and everything, very reminiscent of Le Trio. So juicy and moist, slightly overcooked or it'd probably have been the most perfect momo I'd have had in a long while.

Instead of the momo, I got a large container of cut fruits, and I ate through every last piece. I liked it better that way! I avoid meat, and eat healthy fibrous food that's not unreasonably sustainable!

We got back pretty early, I think I have no recollection because the nights tend to blend into one another, we probably didn't play poker because I have no recollection of it. Maybe we did but it must not have as intense if I don't remember. P played a couple of games of video game soccer, that I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.