Moulding

I've looked at molding things nonstop for the past two days. Silicone molding, metal casting, wax casting, concrete casting, papercrete casting etcetera, I've fallen into this deep dangerous hole that I need to get out of. I'm obesessed!

Here's what I find the most cool about this: you can pretty much 'clone' any physical product by create negatives out of it, creating a mold from it, and then casting it. With modern technology...just the chemicals, mind, not even math or 3d printing or anything, you can scale up objects by several factors, or scale them down, and remold them, do this all chemically too! So you could create a small 3d print of your body, and scale it a couple of times by chemical additives. Just by chemical additives! So exciting!

And then there's the case of making the mold's themselves. And selling the molds! And selling the cast items. So many options. I'm excited! And metal casting is easy too, with tin casting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.