Harry potter

Maybe it's time to reread the series. It's been a decade now since I last read, I don't care for the final two books -- the last booked was the worst, I have vague recollection of certain plot points, I never read the book in full. With the large internet dbag population critiquing the series, and inserting its own wrong abominable alternatives -- and I'm judging them by their own standards -- it's time to revisit the wonderful wizarding Universe.

My first introduction to series was the movie based on the first book -- it transported me to a different world and opened up so many possibilities. Maybe I was a wizard too, with secret superpowers yet to be discovered! Maybe I'm special in the ordinary way Harry was before he got discovered. I just had to wait for the discovery! It's been 18, maybe 19, years since then.

A year later I read the second book. And then the third. And then the fourth. It was only then I read the first book. There was always a long queue of borrowers for every book, those waiting times were so long. Full of possibilities. Because we were unable to afford the fifth book, I got a photocopied version of it. Good times. By the time the sixth book came out, I was old enough, and we bought it the day it was released in Kathmandu, which was a day before the U.S. When the seventh book was released, I'd been disappointed enough, didn't care enough for it. A year or two after it came out, I flipped through the pages...probably borrowed my cousins'.

The later movies were such a disappointment too. So dark and gritty, they were an antithesis to my imagined world of Harry Potter. It was not my universe anymore, and I chose to separate myself from the fandom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.