I shall not find a way to distract myself from work again, not with comedy clips on youtube specially

 That's been a huge issue unfortunately. There's a lack of other entertainment avenues, as I've cut myself from Hulu or Netflix or even rewatches of The Office off of my hard disk, but my terrible addictive brain, lazy attention deficit brain, full of anxiety and rejection of any real commitment wants any way out of whatever can be defined as productive, by anybody at all.

And that's been watching youtube clips of British comedy at work hours of late. One clip after another, of shows almost a decade old, these small pieces of cultural gem, interview with Miriam Margoyle and Bob Mortimer and all the British and American celebrities large or small hobnobbing on the Graham Nortan show, old episodes of big fat quiz, or would I lie to you, over and over again, going down the comedy rabbitholes in search for new fresh funny content, all the time. There's a never ending content of entertainment that could be catered specifically to me, and I don't have problems consuming them as long as I watched during free hours, not when I should be working for work or like when I should be writing for this blog.

A serious travesty it is, the rejection of anything good and benefiting my long-term growth. What am I trying to distract myself from and why are I being so not-nice to myself? Why don't I do just what I'm told exactly to the point, complete the task and then be off to do whatever is next, or take some rest doing something quirky or fun or interesting? Instead of staring at the screen at this totally junk information, entertainment, that's not going to benefit me in the short term or the long term. Junk food for the brain, somebody told me a long ago, that's what these things are, and they will rot your mind from inside-out. I need to up my game with self-discipline and work ethic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.