A different kind of roll

Went to mint the Nepali restaurant earlier today, the two people I was with got chicken momo. They had a really good time, their first juicy momos in a long time. Having been disappointed by their veggie momos the last time I was there, I got experimental and ordered their veggie katti rolls. They asked me a few times if I wanted eggs in the roles because the eggs were definitely not *whatever they thought my dietary restrictions were*.

It was an eggy cauliflower and related vegetables curry inside a thin, oily roll, and it was amazing. It was not the katti rolls of the Syanko rolls on Kathmandu, or a second-rate rolls place in Kathmandu, or even that of crappy Indian restaurants around. This one was a different kind from everything I've heard before, the egg was mixed with the veggies instead of the wrap.

It was filling, different, and quite good. It's possible it's the oil that made it taste as good as it did, but it was better than I imagined it was going to be. I'd definitely order again.

We also had a few cups of milk tea with extra sugar each because my dinnermates were amazed at the concept of free tea with momos.

All in all, it was a memorable trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.