With Family [Monday 7]

In the morning N made us one of the best simple breakfasts I've had in recent memory. It was simply roasted rice flower porridge with scrambled eggs in it, I thought it was the best thing on the world.

I got up after soundly sleeping for almost twelve hours, feeling well rested in a long time. The breakfast really perked me up too and I got going with my work. Work was pretty productive, and lunch was great too, with N's special spicy chilli pickles.

I signed out of work earlier than usual, to meet my cousin at her work and go to her place. The trip from my friend's place to her workplace took longer than it should have because DC metro sucks and apparently there had been a multiline collision the evening before and two of the lines I could have chosen had been affected. I got to outside her work in about an hour, and we drove to her place. The drive took almost two and a half hours, with a fifteen minute detour at a local Target. I bought a bunch of scented candles to gift everyone for dashain there.

At my cousin's place I met eight of my closest family -- aunts and uncles and cousins and brothers in law, and niece. It was good times. I tasted a little bit of meat, goat and chicken, because they wouldn't let me live without, and went to bed early because I was tired from the drive. My early bedtime schedule had been established, I realized.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.