Say cheeses

As I've said a dozen of times already, I'm not in the friendliest terms with dairy products. Not that many people are, but I'm more aware of the coolness between us than more people. When I see something heavy and creamy it doesn't make me drool, it makes me fear the stomach upset that I'd have to deal with if I ingested it. It's not a big overarching issue of my life, more a constant annoyance I can't ignore if I want to be in my best form, so to speak.

So it's been curious how I've come around the most popular dairy products of recent times. The cheese. Or rather, dem cheeses. It wouldn't be accurate to say I'm into expensive cheeses, or even medium cheeses. I am however a big fan of Aldi cheeses. All of them stinky ones. And the sour ones. Got hooked into the goat cheese logs last year, they've come up with smaller, serving sized 'coins' now and I it's fair to say I'm obsessed with them. They're just the right size for a single serving, perfectly tangy and not too stinky, and not as upsetting as cow cheeses.  No reason to not like them.

There's feta too, crumbled with olives. It's more of a dressing or dipping cheese than snacking kind, and pound for pound pricier than blockcheeses. It goes really well with salads and beans and sandwiches even, have to be careful with the saltiness though since the brand I buy is abundantly salted.

Other cheeses I've been eating: cambert, Gouda, cheddar, brie, Lamont (?). Working towards making my own mozzarella. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.