Taking and breaking and taking rules [Wednesday 9]

Got up late and lazy today, and didn't really leave my bed. Got out for lunch and khaaja and that's about it. Work was semi productive because I wasn't feeling very energetic, but conversation with manager made me feel better.

Ate a lot of selrotis and mula ko achaar and maseura all day long. Good conversation with both dijjus. Was asked to go on evening walk at six, felt too lazy to go. Didn't do anything notable over the day except check time wasting websites that I should really have gotten over.

Watched the movie Late Night starting Emma Thompson and Mindy Kaling. Pretty good movie with so much potential if they'd just been more courageous and gone all-in. Still, sign of changing times. Realised today was the first day that I had absolutely no justification for, for not staying to my daily routines or writing routine. My workout schedule has been on and off for the past few days, the other routine has been non existent, and I hadn't written in a really long time. This stung particularly bad because right before I left for the trip, I'd given this a lot of thought and decided I needed to improve on that. In any case, wrote the post about giving up on dreams etcetera.

Did evening push ups before sleeping, and figured if I was going to do the pushups might as well get caught up on other stuff. Perhaps I have hit on a trick here. Maybe making easy physical routine, and associating the physical routine with other tasks is a simple way to make yourself stick to your tasks and maintain self discipline. Need to explore this more. Associate other routine tasks with physical tasks that are easily achievable, and do those physical tasks under any circumstances.

It's after eleven and I'm getting caught up on the last few days worth of daily journals. Perhaps ill write a short piece after this, for today, and see if it's worth trying to make up for the lost days tomorrow. If it seems interesting or doable, I'll work on it, but I won't lose sleep over it. After all, these are extraordinary times, outside of everyday routine, and it's okay to go AWOL once in a whole as long as it's not a habit. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.