Gloomy sun,mon.tue,etc. day

Feels like I haven't seen the Sun in months, that's not strictly true, but it feels that way. The trees either have blood-red leaves or are all naked by this time of the year. The sun's out by 5, and that's ,that's not the worst part yet -- starting this weekend it'll be out at 4 because of goddamn daylight savings ending taking way an hour from the evening .

I was talking about my absolute fear disgust of the dark and cold days ahead, and NG mentioned this japanese concept that's apparently all about making the best of your circumstances. Not by Mary Kondo. As in, if it's the winter, you don't fear or complain it, or avoid it, you just go out there, resign to the fact that you won't get to see the Sun weeks, and live the winter lifestyle. Stay warm and cosy, with friends family, do wintery things, eat hotpot and baked goods, go to the sauna or the bathhouse, things like that. Seems like a totally reasonable thing, not sure how I want to approach it. If I could have, I would have, is what I'm thinking perhaps I've not given winter activities the benefit of doubt though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.