Disappointing Tang [Sunday 6]

Got up from a very satisfying sleep and had a good meal with friends as we made plans to go on a hike. It was a cloudy day, and it may have rained at some point, and all of us felt super lazy with the candy and what not so we didn't really end up going on a hike or what not.

After much deciding and figuring things out, we realized we had to leave the house anyhow or we would have wasted the day, so we went to what used to be one of my favourite restaurants. It's a hot pot place with ridiculous rules for ordering and I discovered it's not vegetarian friendly at all. The ambience is quite strange (really dark with strange regal chairs and tables, but with tiny personal sized hot pots) and the service was just okay. To me it was a thoroughly unimpressive trip and I wouldn't mind if I never again went to the place.

After the Chinese hot pot place we went to a desserts place in Arlington, and we got a couple of choices of desserts, and that cheered up my mood a bit. Chocolate on chocolate for anything might seem like too much chocolate but actually it's not bad at all.

Back home we tried watching some TV. Apparently P and I fell asleep at 7, right after we got back from the heavy dinner and desserts. I don't remember any of it, only remember waking up at 8.30 the next morning wondering what had happened the night before and how I was in the bed. Back in my drinking days I would have worried if I got too drunk and passed out, but quickly figured I must have gone to bed too tired so that was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.