More complications

There was a knock on the door below. No one else was home. Haka looked down from the balcony. It was Snigdha. Ahh foolll!

He ran back to his room, panting. You, you...you go now, you have to go know, the girl I like is downstairs ringing the bell, you have to go now, no compromises, you have to go anyhow, I don't care what you do to me, go the hell away now, he said, still panting. I don't want to see you when you're back, he said, with resolve that he found surprising.

The khyaak growled. It had taken the color of a shiny dark back tar, its lips looked even more bloody than usual, the teeth sharper and more vicious. Who're you to tell me what to do, you little fly, it said, taking a drag from its rainbow cigarette. You are nobody. Go, go wherever you want to, I'm staying here, you pile of rotting cow dump, it said, without turning its eyes away from the window.

Haka was hurriedly changing T-shirts. He sniffed his armpits, the left first, and then the right. He winced. He picked up from his drawer an Axe can and sprayed it heavily on both his armpits. Then on the T-shirt. And his whole body. Finally his hair. In case it smells too, he told himself. You go, please be gone when she gets here. I won't bring her into the room, but if she asks I won't say no. I can't do this if you don't help me with this, he said, his voice quivering. There was a knock on the door again. He flung the door open and rushed downstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.