Witchita labs

A hairball of a balding woman, the witch said.

Yeah. Here it is. My wife's, the assistant  said, handing her a tiny tuft of hair.

Liver of a green toad, she read out aloud.

Here, the assistant handed her tiny purple goop.

The spirit of a sad man, she said in a monotone.

Wait, what? That's not in the list you gave me! And how am I supposed to go around collecting spirits in bottles, he said.

That would be your spirit, you sad sad man! Cheer up, your gloom is rubbing off on me.. What's happening? the witch said in her real voice instead of the recipe voice she was using before.

Ohh! I'm relieved, that I can say! Nothing, it's just...my wife's hair..balding...we're getting old, and I've spent my life here and it's good but we don't have kids. It's getting lonely, just her and I, he said.

Wait, is this a weird sex thing or a child thing, the witch said, looking at him, her eyes narrowed into tiny slits, her bushy eyebrows raised high.

He sighed.

A child thing. Of course the child thing! We....already... kind-of tried. The weird sex thing. It was just ok. Didn't make us happier ultimately just gave us more things to be worried about. Not the long term solution we hoped it would be, he said.

How long have you guys been trying, she asked, taking out her large magnifying glass from a nearby cupboard. She searched around the table with it, carefully inspecting every inch of the small wooden table.

Two years now, though we tried earlier when we were much younger, he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.