Laxmi Puja [Sunday 27]

Summary: Celebrated laxmi puja, cancelled some plans, followed through most others, good times generally, but a depressing day with weather, and I fell just alright right now.

As I write this I've been talking to P for the last two(?) hours, it's two am in the morning, my roommates came back from the Tihar party (SM and PK) like 30 minutes ago. I'll write more tomorrow. I'm ending this now will write more on this later.

Continued the next day....

I haven't been writing much for the past several days because I got busy going to people's places and celebrating festivals. It's also mighty inconvenient writing anything sizeable from the Blogger android app. At least they updated it recently so that's great.

Going back to my journal...

Got up pretty late in the morning, because I'd gone to bed at 3am. Tried going back to sleep, but couldn't. Finally made myself get up (this is in Brookline, I'm crashing at AD's couch in the living room), freshen up. The three of us (ND, AD, myself) made spanish omelets and mushrooms. For brunch we also had those tiny strawberries from TJ's that actually have some flavor in them instead of large blobs of pink water. They weren't the best, but they were out of season so lets give credit where credit's due.

It took us a long time to agree on what we wanted to watch on Netflix. We were deciding between Dolemite (it's a cool movie with an all-black comedy crew) and this movie called the Awakening of Motti..something, we decided to watch the latter because I figured the former was probably gonna be good enough to watch by myself later.

The movie, The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch, (or it's Swiss? German? translated title Wolkenbruch's Wondrous Journey into the Arms of a Shiksa) wasn't as mediocre as I expected it to be. The storyline is pretty predictable -- a devout jewish man, his mother's favorite, falls in love with a non-jewish girl, which causes him to question his faith etcetera. The ending is dubious, but it's a funny movie, and it lampshades a lot of tropes (there's a jewish-hindu aka hinjew guru), so it was entertaining for a rainy boring day like yesterday. I was catching up with folks online too because the movie wasn't very heavy on plot.

We went to SD's after the movie. It drizzled the entire day, so our ten-minute walk was miserable, at least I got a couple of good fall photos out of the walk. At SD's, we watched more Netflix, celebrated Laxmi Puja with sparklers and all, ate selroti, and fought for netflix. We ended up watching something japanese, a series focusing on food. And then the first episode of the Netflix series. I was supposed to leave there for home at 6-ish because I'd promised folks near home I'd be there (nice couple invited our household, including me), but I had to bail out because it was raining heavily, I had no umbrella, and I felt lazy. Was there at PD and SD's until 10, and took the train back home. The train ride was frustrating because it was slow and made me miss my tightly-scheduled bus. I was abandoned in Lechmere.

I had to download the Lyft app again, sign in again, and call a Lyft ride back home. Such cruel, cruel irony, considering the last time I'd used the app was when I'd left home and deleted the app because it was too much. Anyway, got back home at 11, and felt not so great about myself, so stared at the screen for a bunch. I think I'm starting to get the gloomies because of the weather. Also likely because I hadn't been following any of my disciplined steps for the last several days. Called and talked to P for a couple of hours and felt really good.

My roommate SM had organized a baby shower for his friend at our apartment. I didn't get to see it, but I did see the leftover foods and the decorations later. I wouldn't mind if the decorations stayed, honestly. The food -- I had some this morning -- was great too. Apparently they finished the baby shower pretty early, and roommates SM and PK both went to the party at RL's. They came back at 1.30 am, and I didn't get to catch up on the weekend haps because everyone was tired and wanted to go to bed.

Since I wasn't feeling the best, I decided to work from home Monday (today).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.