Too much fun to write [Friday 25]

I got back home Friday night at 1am. It was drizzling lightly, I walked from Davis Square, and it was a walk I didn't mind, even as I got a little wet. The train ride was from Harvard square, where I'd been dropped by bus 66, which I had taken from Allston at 12.

It was SS's birthday party friday night. This is our drinking buddy SS, not the other SS who I started hanging out with too, who I also want to include in our drinking group. I still don't drink alcohol, but they're a fun bunch so even almond milk drives me drunk.

It was such a great time at SS's. I met a tonne of her friends, and talked to exactly all of them, getting to know them a bit. After the night, I feel a lot closer to A (no last initials), who helped me out when I was in a difficult place, and seemed in such a better a nicer place than the last time we talked and hung out. There seemed to be a mismatch of energy level that I thought was unbridgeable the last time, this time it didn't seem to be there. SS's friend from NH who drove down was really funny, and he made such goofy jokes, everyone was in stitches. I filled myself on the really great globe grapes that no one knew the origin of. The cake that SS baked for herself was awesome, we talked about her wall decorations and curation of cutesy art stuff for the better part of the night. And her recent trip abroad. And her incredibly nice dress. She looked so good I didn't want to be seen next to her in a picture because I looked like a creepy old uncle with a round belly next to an incredibly attractive young woman. So I deleted the only photos of us, which were taken from my phone. I already knew her roommate S, and we talked more about the towns of NH which we've both lived in. Her friend R was cute, and reminded me of P (hi!) and she has better things to do to, so I'm back to crying myself to sleep everynight. There was a funny incident where their building's fire alarm went off and it had such a weird sound some people thought it was a really loud vibrator. We had to go out in the cold for ten minutes just like in the 'back in the ole days' of college which was quite something. After some tarot-reading by R, and intense dancing to bollywood songs, to which I very rigidly shook my bones at, PB and I caught the 66 bus to Harvard.

PB and I had gone to SS's together from Back Bay. We met in Back Bay at Nordstorm, spent a good chunk of time finding gifts for SS. The scarf that we ended up giving (besides the other gift), is the one that Barney the creep's girlfriend wears in HIMYM (the really cute south asian british girlfriend), and I'd always had an eye for that. We spent a really long time figuring out what we wanted to get for dinner. We tried going into Santouka but the wait was perhaps towards the hour. She came up with the incredibly smart idea of going closer to SS's place and getting dinner there. We ended up in Kenmore where we got dinner at U-Burger (see previous post). For ten bucks per person it's such an incredible deal I'd legitimately consider going there from work in the train just for the burgers. It's so much nicer and less stressful than BK's, and in the end it comes out to be cheaper too. If fast food is not cheap anymore, it's worth spending a little more money for better food, and U-Burger is just as cheap as fast food while being better.

I stayed at work an hour longer than usual before meeting PB. It was really tiring. I'd skipped lunch at work so my energy level was probably low because of that. Didn't feel so great or productive at work either. The morning commute really absolutely sucked, I missed a train, waited for 15 minutes. Waited for 10 minutes for the train too. Ugh. Sick sucky Friday. And at work it was all empty because all were WFH so I needn't have even suffered through that, and going to work physically.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.