Laughing Khyak

The Khyaak cackled until it started violently coughing. It stopped coughing midway through, and cackled again. It turned around in the revolving chair. Its eyes were blood-red and fierce, and a wry smile on the lips.

So when it comes to doing things, you act like a wet cat, khii khii khii, it said, looking directly at Haka.

Haka looked crestfallen. His eyes looked dark and troubled, and his lips were puffy. His hair was in a mess. He stared aimlessly at the void in the Khyaa's general direction. How do I do this, I haven't done anything like this. I will get caught soon, and they will kill me, he said sobbing.

The Khyaak cackled again. Did you or did you not say you were going to serve you with your full abilities as long as I protected you? If they come to kill you, I will let you not die. I cannot do anymore than that. Not doing this is not an option, you will suffer greatly if you refuse, the Khyaak said, the gravity of the situation suddenly grounding its voice.

I am suffering anyway right now, and if I do what you say, I will suffer more. I don't have the ability to do it, I am just a simple man, I'm not strong and I'm not too brainy. I don't know anything. I cannot do it if I want to because I don't know what to do, I don't know what to do, he said, wiping his nose with his sweater sleeves. He was staring intently at his feet. He had been vigorously scratching his head throughout.

You won't have to plan, I will give you the details, you will execute the plan. Do you think I am not aware that you are a fool, you don't know thing like this? No, I know everything about you Haka, and that's why I'm here. You know why I chose you. I will tell you what to do exactly, and I'll come back. I will give you the necessary.." it paused. "The necessary equipment, and you will know what to do. Just prepare yourself mentally on what you have to do. Don't worry too much about what will happen, everything will be taken care of. You have to do it anyhow, be prepared for it." The Khyaak said, with an air of finality. I will return, it said, before disappearing into a sudden cloud of purple smoke.

Haka didn't move for an hour. He hummed and sobbed, staring out of the window occasionally. He got up to get a drink of water when the ache in his head got unbearable. He considered his options over a glass of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.