Cemetery trip and Thai food [Wed 3]

It's 12.10 am in the morning, didn't get around to writing because of the mid-week hangout. Will start the right way.

Got up at 6 to use the bathroom, went right back in. Got up again forrealz at 8am, worked a bunch on my agri website. Started work slow and easy, watched a tonne of youtube in the background. Had breakfast of oates and peanut butter with six different kinds of berries, felt like a king.

Worked more, more work on the website, wrote the personal journal thing. Had fried rice with sunny-side-up crisped on one side. Finished work, wrote the first post of the day. Completed my personal journal. Felt antsy all day today, I'm in dire need of serious workout. I haven't been this out of shape since college, my weight's gone up by 3 pounds in the last three months. I'm a little disappointed in myself and a little mad at the world and the universe.

Headed out to PN's place after work, the office playing in my ears. Stopped by their place, checked their new plants and new living room configuration...they've got a standing desk in their living room and like seven new pots. It looks like the amazon rainforest but indoors. Convinced N to go to the nearby cemetery. Walked for 20 minutes to the cemetery, twenty more minutes there. So many cool headstones, interesting inscriptions, cool materials and designs. Made me realize how multicultural and international this place is. Learned a lot about post-death services, and how expensive they can be. N had a good time, better than she though she would, she enjoyed how peaceful it was in there. Walked back to their place through a neighborhood we hadn't been to. Saw so many cute houses, garden ideas. The houses are all more than a million dollars probably, they're so cool and interesting though. Everyone's an artist if they're rich enough. Lot of literal bamboo walls and gardens too. Checked out couple of plants on the street with google lens, discovered one of those plants with a flower that's yellow in the middle and white petals on the outside, you know what I'm talking about, is edible. And then there's a plant called Lamb's ear. So cool. I'm getting to know plants. I should do that more often. Actually...

This is a reminder to myself. I need to write a post on discovering plants and learning more about what is what, and what it's useful for. Use google to begin with, and get a feel for it.

On the way back N wanted Thai tea. Figured I'd get that with them, and get home. PN and I went to the Thai place for takeouts, got a dinner too because might as well. And then figured why not share, so brought it over to S's, and we had Thai tea, fried rice and drunken noodles for dinner. Rice for two meals you read that right, it's not a surprise at all that I've gained three pounds.

We ate, talked a bunch looked at old pictures of ourselves on S's phone, talked politics which I don't like doing because it tires me, argued what the photos on google chrome backgrounds were from. Chilled till about 11, on the hump day. PN went home, S went to sleep, I started writing. But before that, I watched like several agriculture videos on youtube. Just like that. Every day brings me new ideas. And finally I'm done with this day's posts. Is it just me or are the posts getting easier to write? Possible that I've skipped the hard part -- fiction -- which makes this easier.

It's 12.30 now and I need to go to bed. Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.