A look of disappointment is what one looks for in a woman

Just so everybody is on the same page, this is not strictly speaking a very serious thought. Just something that came up to me at a random moment, and I thought to write it down because I was running out of ideas for posts here.

It would be quite disappointing to be the partner who's unanimously, within the context of the relationship, the better or even worse, the best person. On some level one definitely wants the partner to be slightly disappointed at at least some of the things, because then you've got an opening to improve, learn and do better. Disappointment is always better than anger or sadness or bitterness, as well. Because it gives you an opening to change, a desire to be better.

So yeah, people who respect me but are also a bit disappointed in me are kinda' hot, is maybe what I'm saying because i've got all the love and respect etc for my choices from my friends and family. Not a critic who incessantly goes after one's choices, but somebody who says, you know what yeah I'm bad at this but you're definitely better than this, so obviously, this is beneath you, you shouldn't be having to stoop so low as to pick up pieces of candy from the trash and eat it and sure it wasn't really dirty but maaan have some self-respect. Just as an example.

In the past I've said that Bengali women are particularly great in that regard because no matter what your accomplishments are, they're always a bit disappointed by you, or maybe it's the disappointed rest face, but there's something about that look that says, maaan I thought you were so much better I don't understand why you're stuck doing this, just apply yourself dude you know you can do so much better, anybody can do better than this, heck I could definitely do better than this, do it for me if not for you, but like maybe I was being unfair against women of other ethnicities an let my pre-existing biases drive my judgment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.