Random happenstance and seeing somebody you know on the streets

 This happened almost two weeks ago I've only gotten around to writing it now because of you know...laziness etcetera, but things are happening and words are being written on a semi-regular basis now so don't complain too much or else. Who am I even threatening, my dream and aspirations? This is so stupid.

So I and I were walking up the street to go to the starbucks reserve roastery. As we were crossing the street somebody tall was coming the other way. Right in the middle of crossing the street, something came onto me and I shouted at the person. The person looked confused, I signaled them to follow me. When we both took of our masks, it was who I thought it was: sb who's my cousin who I'd told I was coming to Seattle but hadn't really given the dates. And by random happenstance we were in the same neighborhood in the right time, crossing the same street. And I noticed him.

We caught up, and he was in a hurry so I let him go, with a promise to get caught up on things soon. Met up like ten days later, yesterday, finally, because he was too busy with work and thought I was around for the long term.

But like what are the chances right? In a city of millions, in such a large place, how likely is it that you would run into one member of your family you have in the city, and recognize them with their mask on, and be crossing the very same street at the exact time. It's wild how often these rare co-incidences happen.

Anyway, it was wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.