Sometimes things go up, sometimes they go down, such is life

 I was at a party the other day, things were going well and it was actually my fault not gonna blame anybody else even though technically I did end up blaming others in a conversation with the fam, but conversations got going and I heard how absurdly wildly shamefully annoying people were getting lucky in the lottery of startups and random people who had just gambled thoughtlessly had turned their thousands of dollars into tens of millions of dollars, and it was annoying, I got envious, and reconsidered the entire set of choices I'd made until this point. Maybe I should have been more motivated by money, was it not insanely unwise of me to not have had the need for a lot of savings at all, and why are my compadres doing so much better than I am, I cannot compete with them, I'm an idiot, a failure, etc etc I thought for a bit, and then realized...you know what? I don't care. All I care about is the peace of mind and happiness and friends and family, and they don't come with money. You can't buy affection with money, you can't buy social connections for it. Rather, money gets you drunk on power, you start believing you're untouchable and invulnerable, that you can buy what you desire and everything is for sale. Human emotions connections and relationships start losing their sheen because why bother, you've got all the money in the world, you could buy them whenever you wanted to.

But you can't. Money can't buy you good health: it can buy you great hospital stay, but it can't buy you peace of mind. It can't buy you love, it can't buy you love and care from your near and dear ones. It cannot buy loyalty, it cannot buy friendship, it cannot buy happiness, though it can distract you enough away from happiness to not realize what's missing for a long time. And what when -- if -- it's gone? You have a big fucking gap in your hole, that you can't plug with money, and you'll bleed out to death.

No, you must stay stable and reach out for satisfaction, happiness, better relationship with near and dear ones. Money is not to be chased after. Do what you love and care for, if that makes you wealthy, all the better. If not, earn a decent honest living and that'll bring true happiness.

Etcetera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.