Rockwash denim is back and I don't like it

 Those faded jeans torn in the knees and buttside are back. They were big in the early 2000's, I had quite a few of those myself, was teased mercilessly by family about 'torn poor people clothes', back in the day. But I liked wearing those. Not anymore. I don't like that they're back.

For one they don't look great. They do look tattered and they're an easy way to get rid of cheap stock since it's difficult to distinguish between properly engineered tears from structurally compromising rips that will shred your trousers over the course of a dozen wears. And they're quite uncomfortable. At a time when function over form seems to have finally won over in fashion, this regression back to crappy tattered and uncomfortable clothing is a massive disappointment.

Why can't we go back to the recent-ish trend of high-cut denim for women. They looked absolutely fantastic on everybody, didn't force folks to have to see others' underpants, and made everybody feel great about their bodies. They were the perfect uniform for anti body-shaming, positive image, woke times.

These ripped denim trousers are an affront to the good social sense we have developed, and we must reject them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.