The second jab

I am, on the second-to-last day of April, almost pretty fully vaccinated against the deadly curse against humanity that is COVID caused by the coronavirus. Go Pfizergang!

It was a happy coincidence how I got the date for the jab. I'd been running out of time to get the second shot, the recommended time was 21 days but since I was away from home scheduling one wasn't easy. It got to 22 days, and then 23. On the morning of the 24th day after the first vaccine shot, I fired up my work computer and got the script to search for vaccine shots going and immediately got the notification there was an opening only 30 minutes of busride away! In the same day. At 1.30 PDT (which was right after work). Which meant I didn't have to take a day off from work.

It feels like I've written this before, maybe in them daily journals, anyway there's not much to write on so you eat this, don't care.

Then I woke up A, and he registered himself for the shot as well, for the following day. And for his two siblings. The three of them hadn't been planning to be immediately vaxxed, but it was right in front of them and the news from India has been quite...depressing to put it lightly.

After work took a nice ride, went to the cvs, got the jab, waited a bunch for the bus, came back and napped. Bought some tylenol in case I had headaches or felt other side effects. Nothing happened besides the sore arm.

They say you're considered fully vaccinated 14 days after the second shot. Which means in 10 days from now, I'll be fully vaxxed, won't have to wear masks or wash my hands after using the bathroom, and it'll be cool and legal for me to sneeze into other people's faces. Ahhh how much I was missing doing all of that.

Things are looking up, in this regard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.